Let’s work through a simple example in which you are an FBM Prime Seller for a certain product. You have the min price* for this product set to 5 and the max is set to 15.
*When adjusting your min price, bear in mind that it MUST INCLUDE shipping costs. (If you are using Cost Based Repricing and have entered your costs, the Repricer will set your min and max for you).
You have your Default Rule switched ON, and it's set to Below the competition by 0.02 (amount).
You have 3 Competitor Rules:
- If you are FBM and your competitor is FBM Prime to match price
- If you are FBM and your competitor is FBM to price above by 0.02
- If you are FBA and your competitor is FBA to match price
You have 3 competitors (a, b and c).
- Is FBM and their price is 9.50 (+2.50 shipping), so 12
- Is FBM Prime and their price is 11
- Is FBA and their price is 10.50
These competitors are run through the Rules and a price is generated for your item for each competitor.
Competitor a) matches Competitor Rule 2 so the price generated for you for this competitor is 12.02
Competitor b) matches Competitor Rule 1 so the price generated for you for this competitor is 11
Competitor c) does not match any of your Competitor Rules (you are not FBA in this instance) and so the Default Rule applies and the price generated for you is 10.48
As 10.48 is the lowest price generated for you, this is the price that is sent to Amazon.
While this scenario is quite simplistic, it does highlight an important point: You should always try to create intelligent Competitor Rules and cover yourself for all scenarios.
Our Repricing Rules templates are a great place to start – and can be edited to suit you.
There are many options within the Competitor Rules that you can use to target your competitors:
- General Details: Buy Box Winner Rule; Fulfilment Rule; Prime Rule
- Stock and Shipping: Competitor Stock Rule – whether in stock or domestic; Stock Levels; Stock Age; Last Sale; Free Shipping
- Feedback: Rating Count; Rating Score %;
- Include and Exclude: Marketplaces; Merchants; #Competitors Between;
- Find out when and how your rules apply